How we helped bring in the industries that Abu Dhabi needs.
Kizad (Khalifa Industrial Zone Abu Dhabi) was masterplanned with eight vertically integrated industrial clusters selected to drive Abu Dhabi’s industrial diversification and sustain growth of 15% in non-oil revenues.
Kizad’s state-of-the-art design and commercial organisation set new standards for industrial zones infrastructure and ensured unrivalled efficiency in set up and business support. Its outstanding road, rail, air and sea connections guaranteed easy and efficient transportation of raw materials and finished goods.
Taylormade was asked to develop a deep understanding of key decision makers in key industries, determine the ideal attributes for a leading edge industrial zone and draft a positioning strategy and selling proposition with which to launch Kizad to the market.
- Our research discovered that although selecting a base for manufacturing operations is bottom line sensitive our audiences did not make their choice exclusively on lease rates. They identified three critical attributes:
- Easy access to markets
- Low operating cost environment
- Ease of doing business.
Moreover they agreed that Kizad performed extremely well on all three of them.
- Rather than take the usual route of distilling a single bland proposition our research lead us to believe Kizad should promote its performance on all three of the critical success factors identified by potential investors. Kizad’s traditional, digital and experiential launch communications drilled the message that Kizad offered outstanding market access, low operating costs and extensive business support and utilised the strapline “Transforming Industrial Zones.” to sum up the shift in paradigm.
- The development of Kizad and ADPC brand identities and the launch programme was lead by Taylormade SVP Kevin Storey in his previous role as Abu Dhabi Ports’ Vice President Marketing.
- Within 8 months of launch, Kizad’s communications generated 150 applications from industrialists resulting in land offers with an annual rental value of over AED125m and industrial growth on a broad front